Leading Change Through Innovation

Chiltern House Medical Centre

Close this search box.

What to do when we are closed

Out of Hours Service

The Practice is a member of Out of Hours Service. Bucks Urgent Care aims to provide high quality medical care to patients when GP surgeries are closed.

When you ring the Out of Hours Service your call will be answered by an NHS Direct Nurse who can offer advice and guidance or can arrange other emergency services. If you need to consult a Doctor you will be referred to the Primary Care Centre. If you require a home visit a Doctor will be dispatched to your home.

If you need health advice or need to see a Nurse or Doctor urgently outside our opening hours please 111.

The OUT OF HOURS SERVICE normally operates during the following times:-

Working days (Mon-Fri) from 18:30 hrs each evening until 08:00 hrs each work day morning.

Weekends and Bank Holidays from the time of closing to the next working day at 08:00 hrs.

Out of Hours Emergencies – NHS Direct

Call 111 when it's less urgent than 999

This service is meant for urgent and emergency problems and should not be used to avoid the inconvenience of consulting during the day.  If you need out of hours help, you should telephone 111 which is a free-phone number nationwide. Trained staff located at the call control centre will handle your enquiry.  

Remember the Out of Hours Service is for urgent problems only. Please do not contact the service for a second opinion or for anything which can wait until the next working day.

If you have a minor ailment you could visit your local pharmacy who will be able to provide you with some help or signpost you onto the next available service.

Mental Health crisis?

You should call 999 or go to A&E if you, or someone you know, experiences a life-threatening medical or mental health emergency. These are cases where there is immediate danger to life or physical injury. A mental health emergency should be taken as seriously as a medical emergency. If you feel like you may be close to acting on suicidal thoughts or have seriously harmed yourself, you should call 999 or go to A&E directly if you need immediate help and are worried about your safety.

In a genuine emergency you should call 999. Chest pains and / or shortness of breath constitute an emergency.

Health A-Z

Guide to conditions, symptoms & treatments

Live Well

Advice, tips and tools for health & wellbeing

Medicines Guide

How medicine works & possible side effects

Care & Support

Options & where to get the best support